30 March 2014

My Body is a Sacred Temple


“Love yourself first and everything else falls into line. You really have to love yourself to get anything done in this world.”
         ~ Lucille Ball



Six simple Self Love rituals:

1. Drink a glass of water when you wake up. Your body loses water while you sleep, so you're naturally dehydrated in the morning. A glass of water when you wake helps start your day fresh.

2. Define your top 3. Every morning ask yourself, “What are the top three most important tasks that I will complete today?” Prioritizes your day accordingly and don't sleep until the Top 3 are complete.

3. The 50/10 Rule. Solo-task and do more faster by working in 50/10 increments. Use a timer to work for 50 minutes on only one important task with 10 minute breaks in between. Spend your 10 minutes getting away from your desk, going outside, calling friends, meditating, or grabbing a glass of water.

4. Move and sweat daily. Regular movement keeps us healthy and alert. It boosts energy and mood, and relieves stress.

5. Express gratitude. Gratitude fosters happiness. Each evening, think of at least five things you're thankful for. In times of stress, pause and reflect on these things.

6. Reflect daily. Bring closure to your day through 10 minutes of reflection. Asks yourself, “What went well?” and “What needs improvement?”



30 March 2014  Journal Entry:

I have chosen to devote Sunday as the day I dedicate myself to Goddess worship. I will enter into her temple to pray, meditate, dream, rest, pamper and adorn myself. 

All week I spend time and energy caring for the needs of others. Today, I will focus on my body in ways that feel good, pleasing, comforting and sensual. I will attend to my own needs in ways that honor my inner goddess. During the rest of the week, I will live true and spend at least an hour caring for and attending to the upkeep of my body. 


My Altar:



In honor of my inner goddess, each week I vow to invest in my own self care. This week, I chose to get a manicure and pedicure. I purchased a bottle of Lavender water, a Calming Seaweed Bath (a Stress Relief Blend), a trio of natural soaps, a new sea sponge and a cotton loofa. Later, I will run a warm bath and gently soak my cares away.








Symbolic meaning of items on my altar:


  •  goddess mirror - to see the goddess in my own reflection.
  •  rose quartz heart - to remember that self love is healing.
  •  handmade 'butterfly in hand' card - created for me from the  artist, my beloved sistar, Salyna Gracie with Soul Bird  Collage Art. It symbolizes transformation.
  •  a spiral bound journal (The Awakening of the Trees, by Montserrat) -   a  Book of Self Love, where I pen insight, blessings, prayers,  and wisdom. My Body Temple Book of Shadows and  Light.  The blank pages are of art quality, offering space to creatively  draw, paint and doodle.
  •  a shimmering diamond and aquamarine (my birthstone)  necklace - given to me on my birthday by my sister, Laura. It  is  a reminder that I am worth love!


***********************************************************************
My Prayer:


Goddess ~
Divine She who dwells within my being...
I honor and adore you!
Thank you 
For everything 
You allow me to see, hear, breathe in, touch, taste, feel, do and be.
Show me how to care for this sacred temple
I have been given and reside within.
Show me how to truly nourish myself.
Show me how to respect and cherish the precious gift of life.
May I walk in beauty.
May I speak truth in kindness.
May I act from a place of authenticity.
Amen











I Embody the Goddess!





photo credit:
My Body Temple Altar by Leesa Wilson, Colorado 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments, insights and blessings.