31 March 2014

Sleeping Beauty Slumbers No More


I have always believed in fairy tales. Though, in my haste for ever after happiness, I gave away my power. With each lover, and with every new relationship, I gave more and more of myself away in the hopes that the man I loved would make all my dreams come true! 

Buried beneath layer and layer of hurtful experience, dashed dreams, broken promises, stolen trust, denial, self-hate and secret expectations, my goddess body has slumbered... There she lay, so beautiful and youthful, silently reminding me that hope can never die, and with a kiss of true love, she will awaken. 

Only, I have discovered that my true love is not another, but is my self! It is the true love of my own inner, divine masculine who must kiss and awaken my inner goddess. For years, I thought it was 'me' who judged myself so harshly, who whispered criticism, who compared my body to that of others, and who sabotaged my efforts to attract the love I desired. But, I now know that it was my inner masculine energy reflecting the opinion and lies of the patriarchy which has ruled for ages and ages. This caused me to be divided within myself... I was completely out of balance.

Balance is found within the Sacred Marriage ~ between the divine feminine and divine masculine energies within my body. This union brings me into wholeness and allows me to act from a true place of love.

It is by my own gentle acts of self love that my inner goddess is revived. It is in the moment to moment crafting of self love and conscious choices that I am set free! It is my own true love: my thoughts and my actions which enhance my body image, delight my senses, empower my will and uplift my spirit. 

None other.






















"Consider a girl who keeps slipping off, arms limp as old carrots, into the hypnotist's trance, into a spirit world speaking with gifts of tongues."
~ Anne Sexton, Transformations


31 March 2014  Journal Entry:


I have a renewed love for my body, which I feel as a sublime inner peace. The time spent honoring my body temple yesterday, was just what I needed. 

Making the choice move my body daily, is stirring some long slumbering essence within. I feel juicy!! Today, my yoga class was so intense, yet, I flowed through each pose with a sense of deep satisfaction and pleasure. Though I am still a little off balance*, which makes the tree pose a challenge.




          the tree pose


Later, I went for a 5 mile bike ride. It was a pleasant experience, far more relaxing and meditative than I thought it would be. This should strengthen my balance, I hope.


*
Balance Mantra

Har Har Waheguru

Har Har Waheguru is a vibrational sound which ushers in bliss while it creates balance between the physical and spiritual; restoring equilibrium. Repeating this mantra while in a meditative state activates the healing process; eliminates subconscious blocks from the past.

Wear Amber for Balance  









Amber - A fossilized tree resin - allows the body to heal itself by absorbing and transmuting negative energy into positive energy. It stimulates the intellect and opens the crown chakra. It also transmutes the energy of physical vitality toward the activation of unconditional love. It aligns the ethereal energies to the physical, mental, and emotional bodies, providing for an even flow of perfect order to the requirements of the Earth plane while balancing the electro-magnetics of the physical body.

Love is in the Earth: A Kaleidoscope of Crystals by Melody


Loss of Balance: 

  Cause -  Scattered thoughts. Not centered; grounded.
  Affirm - I center myself in safety and accept the perfection of my 
                life. All is well. 

You Can Heal Your Life, by Louise L. Hay


Words invoke peace & awareness. Words create freedom and fairness. Words  plant sacred seeds. and sing us back into balance.” 
― Jay Woodman


 I Embody the Goddess!




art credit:
Sleeping Beauty by Henry Meynell Rheam, pencil and watercolour, 1899.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments, insights and blessings.